Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Weather OCD

No I'm not a hoarder of things this time of year; I'm a hoarder of weather facts that will support my hope that the weather is changing from hot to cool.

For example, I found an App for my iPhone that gives me sunset and sunrise times for Lincoln. A shorter day means sun falls on me for a shorter time. Unfortunately this has caused my dog, Harleen, to decide to go to bed earlier because it's dark outside. But I can deal with that.

Last night we had heat lightening that was just incredible; mother nature at her best. Luckily she didn't cause any fires in the area. With no rain since early June, things are pretty dry around here. It was nice to see something different in the sky.

During the summer here the sky is blue every day; it gets really boring. So now every time I see a cloud roll in I get my hopes up that it means change. Weather.com is saying we have a 10% chance of rain every day. It's getting cooler at night. The days are less hot.

As you can see I am obsessed. This happens nearly every fall. I love the winters here; they are not unbearable like some other parts of the country. My fleece is ready.


Many people's lives have ended or been ruined due to weather this year. So my whining seems a bit out of place, but I promise I will only write this kind of blog once a year. I hope the weather in your world will be kind to you.

1 comment:

  1. last week we were in the low 90s. this week we're barely making 70 in the day time and going below freezing at night. weather has been crazy here with a whole lot less rain than last year. at least our basement didn't flood this year.

    ReplyDelete